Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prayer at a Remembrance Day Service

I was invited to lead the assembly in prayer at a Remembrance Day Memorial Service at a retirement complex in Burlington. I asked our heavenly Father to comfort those who mourn the death of loved ones and that the memory of the dead in the past 100 years in the battlefields of Europe Asia and Africa might spur us on to strive for peace. I then acknowledged that this could only ultimately occur under the grace of God in the Prince of Peace, our Lord Jesus Christ in whose name we pray and who will come again.

It was remarkable how many of the seniors came to me and thanked me for praying in the name of Jesus. They all said, "That no longer happens in public prayers." Imagine that! It has become remarkable for a Christian gospel preacher to pray publicly in the name of Jesus Christ!

No comments: