Friday, October 31, 2008

Letter to PM Stephen Harper

Dear Mr. Harper

I was encouraged to hear reports about your comments on the HRC's (both provincial and federal). As a Pastor of a Christian Church, I am willing to stand up for the things I believe in. That might mean, however, that I am prosecuted by Ms. Hall and her team of commissioners. I believe that British common law and Canada's "hate-laws" provide sufficient protection for all, against libel, slander and "hate-crimes". It's time to "de-fang" the vipers in our midst and decommission the commissioners.

With respect ... and congratulations on your re-election.
May God keep our land, glorious and free!


John van Popta
Pastor
Fellowship Canadian Reformed Church
Burlington ON

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great letter, John.

But the link to Mr. Harper's comments is dead. I'd be interested in reading that...

Scott V said...

Everyone should be sending a message to their MP and the PM about this issue. Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of a free society. The HRC's need to be stopped! I've had enough of the Kangaroo courts.. It's sickening..