Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Canadiana Pulpit





On our way home from vacation, Bonita and I meandered down Highway 2, enjoying a relaxing drive home. We stopped off in Brighton, at an antique shop and found this beauty. After a bit of negotiation, I purchased it. (A brother in our congregation offered to go 50/50 on it.) I can add this to my "collection" of lecterns. I have a small stand alone oak lectern; a small tabletop lectern (which we use every Sunday) and now this beauty.

Check out the beautiful work on the Alpha and Omega!



I'm looking forward to preaching from it. A few weeks ago, I published a post, "The closing of a Presbyterian pulpit. This one is about the call from retirement of another!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could do a sermon on the symbolism, Alpha Omega, an almost 8-sided motif surrounding the A & O, pointers to the 4 corners of the earth, and the 3-shapes below--Trinity. Sarah V.